Create a new email address
New email addresses for your Creative Natives domain can be either mailboxes or mail aliases (redirects) and are created via your konsoleH control panel. Once created, mailboxes can be set up on your desktop or mobile device in the mail programme of your choice, or accessed online via WebMail.
Note: This article refers to the new Mail Admin tool. For help using the old Manage Accounts tool, see: Create a new mailbox (konsoleH v1)
Add an email address in konsoleH
- Browse to konsoleH and log in.
- Click Mail from the left-hand menu > Manage Accounts under Mail.
- Select konsoleH beta
- The Mail Admin page displays all mailboxes and aliases for your domain. webmaster is the default mailbox for new hosting accounts and can be deleted if not needed.
- Click the red + to add a new email address.
Choose a type of email address – mailbox or alias
A mailbox is an independent email address with full functionality. Mail is stored on the server and adds to the disk space of the domain’s web hosting package. If a forwarder is added, mail will be delivered to both the mailbox and the forwarded address. An alias is an email address that is redirected to another email address – either on the same domain or to an external address.
Add a mailbox
- Click Create a new mailbox.
- Add the new email address and your choice of password. Add a forwarder only if the email needs to be received in this new mailbox as well as to the forwarded address. Click Add mailbox.
- The details for setting up your new mail account are displayed.
- Your new mailbox is now displayed on the Mail Admin page.
Add an alias
- Click Create new alias.
- Add the new email address.
- Add the other email address that you want mail directed to in the Add forwarder field.
- The dropdown list will display all mailboxes on the same domain – click to select, or
- Insert your external email address and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Click Add alias.
- Your new alias is now displayed on the Mail Admin page.
Edit mail admin settings
- Hover over the relevant card to see the options.
- You can:
- Reset the password,
- Edit forwarders and autoresponders, or
- Delete the mailbox by clicking the 3 dot menu at top right of the card.
- The catch-all mailbox is disabled by default. If you would like all stray emails addressed to any username at your domain to be forwarded to a single mailbox, then add an email address in the Catch-all email field.
Note: Now that the email account is created on the server, you need to set up your email program or client (eg. Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird) to connect to the server to send and receive your email. If you are in the process of transferring a domain to Creative Natives it is recommended that you setup the email accounts before transfer.